I'm reading about L.A. (in a long Boston Globe article about Whitey Bulger living in Santa Monica). Here are some of my thoughts on why you should visit L.A.:
- My visit in 1997 (with Arthur Lomax) in August and September:
- Swimming in the Pacific Ocean
- Visiting the Korean Bell in San Pedro (where Arthur Lomax and I spent our first night in California in 1997)
- The view of the city from the observatory - seeing the smog over the city before you can even seen the ocean - it is a large city
- From Life:
- 90210 (the TV show)
- Tony Pierce!
- Six Feet Under episodes
- My long time friend Grant Earl
- Randy Newman, I <3 L.A.
- My visit in 2003 (while driving around the United States) in November:
- Venice's canals and shops and restaurants and beach
- La Brea Tar Pits and the park
- The small bugalow I stayed at just south of Beverly Blvd
- Silver Lake neighborhood
- My visit in 2009 (while attending the BNI International Conference) in November:
- Returning to the Pacific Ocean to the same spot Arthur Lomax and I stayed and swam
- Hiking in the hills above Rancho Santa Margarita
So, go visit L.A. and stay for a little while. See what it is all about! I hear the weather is nice almost all year.